Ken

Here is the problem. I know that the Datagrid does
not support scrolling. I've been reading the postings on
this site and have read and learned much but I can not
find an answer to my problem. Someone suggested using the
data grid. The problem is that when you enter edit mode
from a grid row that required scrolling to view, will once
again be out of sight (but in edit mode) on post back.
Sure, I can scroll back to the editable row and everything
works fine, but this is not very user friendly. Does
anyone have any suggestions.

Ken
2 Answers

Jesse Ezell

Two options:

Enable SmartNavigation for the page.

or:

Store the scroll position in a hidden field and use
javascript to restore it.

The first is the easiest to implement of course, as all
it takes is one attribute.

--Jesse

Jay

I am not sure I fully understand your question, but if you
are trying to set things up so your DataGrid can scroll
you can use an iFrame. Look up iFrame in HTML reference.
The problem with iFrame or any frames is that your
DataGrid will be on a different page so now ViewState does
not work.

Jay