microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Two Ways To Identify An Idiot Web Developer

clintonG

4/30/2004 8:15:00 PM

I can't tell you how frustrated I get when going to a web developer's
website and observing he or she is an idiot that has not grasped
the most fundamental element of usability: page title naming conventions.

1.) You know you are at an idiot's website when there is no page title.
Listen up idiot. Give every page a name using the HTML <title> element.

2.) When naming your page do not put the name of your website or your
company 'after' the page title text. The name of your website or your
company name should be placed 'before' the page title text. Assuming
the idiot has at least provided a page title consider...

Incorrect Page Title Naming Convention:
I Am An Idiot And Here's The Proof - IdiotWebDeveloper.com

Correct: Page Title Naming Convention:
Smart Web Developer - How to Avoid Being Identified As An Idiot

The correct page title naming convention is correct as it provides a
meaningful description of the contents of the page and the order of the
page title text 'after' the developer's website or company name allows
the developer's pages to be sorted as a group when saved as a Favorite.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com

5 Answers

Peter Aitken

"clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXT@metromilwaukee.com> wrote in message
> I can't tell you how frustrated I get when going to a web developer's
> website and observing he or she is an idiot that has not grasped
> the most fundamental element of usability: page title naming conventions.
>
> 1.) You know you are at an idiot's website when there is no page title.
> Listen up idiot. Give every page a name using the HTML <title> element.
>
> 2.) When naming your page do not put the name of your website or your
> company 'after' the page title text. The name of your website or your
> company name should be placed 'before' the page title text. Assuming
> the idiot has at least provided a page title consider...
>
> Incorrect Page Title Naming Convention:
> I Am An Idiot And Here's The Proof - IdiotWebDeveloper.com
>
> Correct: Page Title Naming Convention:
> Smart Web Developer - How to Avoid Being Identified As An Idiot
>
> The correct page title naming convention is correct as it provides a
> meaningful description of the contents of the page and the order of the
> page title text 'after' the developer's website or company name allows
> the developer's pages to be sorted as a group when saved as a Favorite.

In my experience the surest sign of a *real* idiot is that they go around
calling other people idiots.

--
Peter Aitken

clintonG

By definition then you are saying it takes one to know one!

--

"Peter Aitken" <paitken@CRAPnc.rr.com> wrote in message
> "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXT@metromilwaukee.com> wrote in
message
> > I can't tell you how frustrated I get when going to a web developer's
> > website and observing he or she is an idiot that has not grasped
> > the most fundamental element of usability: page title naming
conventions.

> > 1.) You know you are at an idiot's website when there is no page title.
> > Listen up idiot. Give every page a name using the HTML <title> element.
> >
> > 2.) When naming your page do not put the name of your website or your
> > company 'after' the page title text. The name of your website or your
> > company name should be placed 'before' the page title text. Assuming
> > the idiot has at least provided a page title consider...
> >
> > Incorrect Page Title Naming Convention:
> > I Am An Idiot And Here's The Proof - IdiotWebDeveloper.com
> >
> > Correct: Page Title Naming Convention:
> > Smart Web Developer - How to Avoid Being Identified As An Idiot
> >
> > The correct page title naming convention is correct as it provides a
> > meaningful description of the contents of the page and the order of the
> > page title text 'after' the developer's website or company name allows
> > the developer's pages to be sorted as a group when saved as a Favorite.
> >

> In my experience the surest sign of a *real* idiot is that they go around
> calling other people idiots.
>
> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

You need to understand that Clinton has a history of being
a) a trol
b) a jer
c) an idio
d) pretentiou
e) condescendin
f) lacking in knowledg
g) probably mentally unstabl

He has been <plonked> by many people, and is considered to have little or no credibility. He has also been blacklisted from many other newsgroups for other products

----- Peter Aitken wrote: ----

"clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXT@metromilwaukee.com> wrote in messag
> I can't tell you how frustrated I get when going to a web developer'
> website and observing he or she is an idiot that has not graspe
> the most fundamental element of usability: page title naming conventions
>> 1.) You know you are at an idiot's website when there is no page title
> Listen up idiot. Give every page a name using the HTML <title> element
>> 2.) When naming your page do not put the name of your website or you
> company 'after' the page title text. The name of your website or you
> company name should be placed 'before' the page title text. Assumin
> the idiot has at least provided a page title consider..
>> Incorrect Page Title Naming Convention
> I Am An Idiot And Here's The Proof - IdiotWebDeveloper.co
>> Correct: Page Title Naming Convention
> Smart Web Developer - How to Avoid Being Identified As An Idio
>> The correct page title naming convention is correct as it provides
> meaningful description of the contents of the page and the order of th
> page title text 'after' the developer's website or company name allow
> the developer's pages to be sorted as a group when saved as a Favorite

In my experience the surest sign of a *real* idiot is that they go aroun
calling other people idiots

--
Peter Aitke

Remove the crap from my email address before using

clintonG

Lies from a snivelling anonymous coward.

--

"Clinton is a Loser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You need to understand that Clinton has a history of being:
> a) a troll
> b) a jerk
> c) an idiot
> d) pretentious
> e) condescending
> f) lacking in knowledge
> g) probably mentally unstable
>
> He has been <plonked> by many people, and is considered to have little or
no credibility. He has also been blacklisted from many other newsgroups for
other products.

> ----- Peter Aitken wrote: -----
>
> "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXT@metromilwaukee.com> wrote in
message
> > I can't tell you how frustrated I get when going to a web
developer's
> > website and observing he or she is an idiot that has not grasped
> > the most fundamental element of usability: page title naming
conventions.
> >> 1.) You know you are at an idiot's website when there is no page
title.
> > Listen up idiot. Give every page a name using the HTML <title>
element.
> >> 2.) When naming your page do not put the name of your website or
your
> > company 'after' the page title text. The name of your website or
your
> > company name should be placed 'before' the page title text.
Assuming
> > the idiot has at least provided a page title consider...
> >> Incorrect Page Title Naming Convention:
> > I Am An Idiot And Here's The Proof - IdiotWebDeveloper.com
> >> Correct: Page Title Naming Convention:
> > Smart Web Developer - How to Avoid Being Identified As An Idiot
> >> The correct page title naming convention is correct as it provides
> > meaningful description of the contents of the page and the order of
the
> > page title text 'after' the developer's website or company name
allows
> > the developer's pages to be sorted as a group when saved as a
Favorite.

> In my experience the surest sign of a *real* idiot is that they go
around
> calling other people idiots.
>
> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

csgallagher@metromilwaukee.com

ROFL

Clinton: You of all people know your history and your paranoia. And your expulsion from newsgroups. You are one sick f*u*k

You have NO credibility. You have NO diplomacy. You have NO worthwile contributions

All you want to do is tear people down

You are a very pitiful person

Bye for now. We are now watching you

----- clintonG wrote: ----

Lies from a snivelling anonymous coward

--
<%= Clinton Gallaghe
A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Developmen
Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin US
NET csgallagher@metromilwaukee.co
URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clinto...

"Clinton is a Loser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag
> You need to understand that Clinton has a history of being
> a) a trol
> b) a jer
> c) an idio
> d) pretentiou
> e) condescendin
> f) lacking in knowledg
> g) probably mentally unstabl
>> He has been <plonked> by many people, and is considered to have little o
no credibility. He has also been blacklisted from many other newsgroups fo
other products
>> ----- Peter Aitken wrote: ----
>> "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXT@metromilwaukee.com> wrote i
messag
>> I can't tell you how frustrated I get when going to a we
developer'
>> website and observing he or she is an idiot that has not graspe
>> the most fundamental element of usability: page title namin
conventions
>>> 1.) You know you are at an idiot's website when there is no pag
title
>> Listen up idiot. Give every page a name using the HTML <title
element
>>> 2.) When naming your page do not put the name of your website o
you
>> company 'after' the page title text. The name of your website o
you
>> company name should be placed 'before' the page title text
Assumin
>> the idiot has at least provided a page title consider..
>>> Incorrect Page Title Naming Convention
>> I Am An Idiot And Here's The Proof - IdiotWebDeveloper.co
>>> Correct: Page Title Naming Convention
>> Smart Web Developer - How to Avoid Being Identified As An Idio
>>> The correct page title naming convention is correct as it provide

>> meaningful description of the contents of the page and the order o
th
>> page title text 'after' the developer's website or company nam
allow
>> the developer's pages to be sorted as a group when saved as
Favorite