microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

send form results to file doesn't work

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/29/2004 5:43:00 PM

I have a form set up to email results, however I also want
the results sent to a file (.txt or .csv) on the web
server. This seems so basic, however I haven't been able
to get this to work--email is fine, but as soon as I set
up the form to additionally send info to the file, the
submit button returns an error page "Front Page Error".

Am I missing something?

Linda
5 Answers

erwien

Linda,

The "FrontPage error" message can indicate a problem with
extensions or you file path or something else in form
properties.

Although the name of the file is insignicant, it does need
to exist. Generally the file would be located in the
_private folder. If it isn't then open a blank Notepad,
save it as "file_name" and direct it to the _private
folder of the object web.

As always, a URL for the form page would be helpful.

Mike Smith,
http://FrontPag...
Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks Mike, the url is www.rcgpsd.com/cmeseminar0520

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks Mike, the url is www.rcgpsd.com/cmeseminar0520

Stefan B. Rusynko

Does the file cmeseminar0520.csv exist at _private/cmeseminar0520.csv

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60db01c42e20$230640a0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| Thanks Mike, the url is www.rcgpsd.com/cmeseminar0520

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=