microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

javascript: icon gets lost - bookmark this page

arno

4/29/2004 2:37:00 PM

Hello,

I have a javascript that should add my url to the favorites. This is
working, however, the icon defined does not show up in favorites. What's
wrong here?

this is what I have in the <head>:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.../test.ico...
<script language="JavaScript1.2">
var bookmarkurl=http://www...
var bookmarktitle="My Homepage"
function addbookmark(){
if (document.all)
window.external.AddFavorite(bookmarkurl,bookmarktitle)
}
</script>

in the <body> I call the script:

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

arno

2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Arno,

The script has nothing to do with adding an icon.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"arno" <schoblochr@azoppoth.at> wrote in message news:egJP7dfLEHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I have a javascript that should add my url to the favorites. This is
> working, however, the icon defined does not show up in favorites. What's
> wrong here?
>
> this is what I have in the <head>:
> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.../test.ico...
> <script language="JavaScript1.2">
> var bookmarkurl=http://www...
> var bookmarktitle="My Homepage"
> function addbookmark(){
> if (document.all)
> window.external.AddFavorite(bookmarkurl,bookmarktitle)
> }
> </script>
>
> in the <body> I call the script:
>
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
>
> arno

arno

Hi Mike,

> The script has nothing to do with adding an icon.
Well, that's my problem. If I add the site manually then I will get the
icon (at least favicon.ico) in my favorites. Does this just not work with
javascript? Or is there a way with javasript to add to bookmarks incl. the
icon?

regards

arno