microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Navigation problem after playing MP3 file

Rick

4/29/2004 12:38:00 PM

My page has a link to a MP3 file. After the file is downloaded and played,
it appears that I can't navigate to other pages without first refreshing the
original page.

Any ideas? Thanks very much

www.elcampaniltheatre.com

Specific problem on the Coming Attractions page (click on Hear a sample
.....)

4 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Media files often open in media player
Change the link to a new window by selecting the link and setting the target to new window, or select html/code view and change

<A href="images/sugar_plum_fairy.mp3">Click Here</A>
<A href="images/sugar_plum_fairy.mp3" target="_blank">Click Here</A>

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Rick" <rickcarraher@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ZG6kc.55695$GR.7537144@attbi_s01...
| My page has a link to a MP3 file. After the file is downloaded and played,
| it appears that I can't navigate to other pages without first refreshing the
| original page.
|
| Any ideas? Thanks very much
|
| www.elcampaniltheatre.com
|
| Specific problem on the Coming Attractions page (click on Hear a sample
| ....)

Trollbait

I have a better question, Where do you put an mpg so that you can link it.
Will they import into FP2004 or do you have to ftp it to the remote server
and then link there?
TB

"Rick" <rickcarraher@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My page has a link to a MP3 file. After the file is downloaded and
played,
> it appears that I can't navigate to other pages without first refreshing
the
> original page.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks very much
>
> www.elcampaniltheatre.com
>
> Specific problem on the Coming Attractions page (click on Hear a sample
> ....)

Trollbait

ACTUALLY, I meant a movie file!

"Trollbait" <watashee@one.net> wrote in message
> I have a better question, Where do you put an mpg so that you can link it.
> Will they import into FP2004 or do you have to ftp it to the remote server
> and then link there?
> TB
>
> "Rick" <rickcarraher@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > My page has a link to a MP3 file. After the file is downloaded and
> played,
> > it appears that I can't navigate to other pages without first refreshing
> the
> > original page.
> >
> > Any ideas? Thanks very much
> >
> > www.elcampaniltheatre.com
> >
> > Specific problem on the Coming Attractions page (click on Hear a sample
> > ....)

Rick

Perfect. Thank you