Joey Lee

4/29/2004 8:19:00 AM

Dear All,

I have done a form that takes the users' detail and submits it as an email
to me. However this is only a single page

I am trying to have multiple pages like the flow below

Page 1 - user types in their detail
Page 2 - user types in their hobby, interest
Page 3 - user types in their occupation
Page 4 - a submit page where all the values from the 1-3 pages are pack
together and sent to me via email

Can this be done in FrontPage? How do i pass the values from one page to
another until the last one.

If possible, it would be great to even go backwards if there is a need of
correction to be made by the user before hitting the submit button in page 3

6 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Not w/ std FP forms
- you will need client or server side scripts to pass the variables
To a client side (JavaScript) approach see
http://www.developer.irt.org/scrip...

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oe5W$HcLEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| Dear All,
|
| I have done a form that takes the users' detail and submits it as an email
| to me. However this is only a single page
|
| I am trying to have multiple pages like the flow below
|
| Page 1 - user types in their detail
| Page 2 - user types in their hobby, interest
| Page 3 - user types in their occupation
| Page 4 - a submit page where all the values from the 1-3 pages are pack
| together and sent to me via email
|
| Can this be done in FrontPage? How do i pass the values from one page to
| another until the last one.
|
| If possible, it would be great to even go backwards if there is a need of
| correction to be made by the user before hitting the submit button in page 3

Joey Lee

Thanks for the info :)

:( It would be great if FP has a wiard to do it that will walk thru with
creation of multiple pages form

"Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not w/ std FP forms
> - you will need client or server side scripts to pass the variables
> To a client side (JavaScript) approach see
> http://www.developer.irt.org/scrip...

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>

> "Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Dear All,
> |
> | I have done a form that takes the users' detail and submits it as an
email
> | to me. However this is only a single page
> |
> | I am trying to have multiple pages like the flow below
> |
> | Page 1 - user types in their detail
> | Page 2 - user types in their hobby, interest
> | Page 3 - user types in their occupation
> | Page 4 - a submit page where all the values from the 1-3 pages are pack
> | together and sent to me via email
> |
> | Can this be done in FrontPage? How do i pass the values from one page to
> | another until the last one.
> |
> | If possible, it would be great to even go backwards if there is a need
of
> | correction to be made by the user before hitting the submit button in
page 3

Peter Aitken

"Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I have done a form that takes the users' detail and submits it as an email
> to me. However this is only a single page
>
> I am trying to have multiple pages like the flow below
>
> Page 1 - user types in their detail
> Page 2 - user types in their hobby, interest
> Page 3 - user types in their occupation
> Page 4 - a submit page where all the values from the 1-3 pages are pack
> together and sent to me via email
>
> Can this be done in FrontPage? How do i pass the values from one page to
> another until the last one.
>
> If possible, it would be great to even go backwards if there is a need of
> correction to be made by the user before hitting the submit button in page
3

Why use multiple pages at all? A single page with a single form seems a lot
easier.

--
Peter Aitken

Greg Chagnon

Hi Joseph,

Take a look at SEND IT! which will allow you to accomplish this and much more.
http://www.websunl.../sendit/...

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oe5W$HcLEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Dear All,
>
> I have done a form that takes the users' detail and submits it as an email
> to me. However this is only a single page
>
> I am trying to have multiple pages like the flow below
>
> Page 1 - user types in their detail
> Page 2 - user types in their hobby, interest
> Page 3 - user types in their occupation
> Page 4 - a submit page where all the values from the 1-3 pages are pack
> together and sent to me via email
>
> Can this be done in FrontPage? How do i pass the values from one page to
> another until the last one.
>
> If possible, it would be great to even go backwards if there is a need of
> correction to be made by the user before hitting the submit button in page 3

Joey Lee

Yup you are right, just that i am not the boss :)

"Peter Aitken" <paitken@CRAPnc.rr.com> wrote in message
> "Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have done a form that takes the users' detail and submits it as an
email
> > to me. However this is only a single page
> >
> > I am trying to have multiple pages like the flow below
> >
> > Page 1 - user types in their detail
> > Page 2 - user types in their hobby, interest
> > Page 3 - user types in their occupation
> > Page 4 - a submit page where all the values from the 1-3 pages are pack
> > together and sent to me via email
> >
> > Can this be done in FrontPage? How do i pass the values from one page to
> > another until the last one.
> >
> > If possible, it would be great to even go backwards if there is a need
of
> > correction to be made by the user before hitting the submit button in
page
> 3
> >

> Why use multiple pages at all? A single page with a single form seems a
lot
> easier.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

Peter Aitken

> Yup you are right, just that i am not the boss :)

You might be able to do it by pointing the form to your next page. If you
specify GET for the form method, the form data will be appended to the url
like this:

yournextpage.htm?fname=joe?lname=smith

The next page can retrieve (using javascript) these values and stick them in
hidden fields in its own form to be passed down the chain again. I do not
remember the syntax requied to do this but I think it would work.

--
Peter Aitken