microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

help in password entry to new links

ed hansen

4/29/2004 4:19:00 AM

I added a text box; told the menu's what passowrd of 3
digits to plug in. I then link to a new page of other
material. If I don't plug inthe correct text; then an IE
windows message box pops up saying waht the expected
password entry should be. ?? Great aye !!!

So when I enter in the right password, I get to wherei
need to be on my programmed link.

www.hansenbulldogs.com
Check it out. Top of first page is my text entry box.it
will tell you what to plug in !!!!

Any idaes on how this works or doign somethign else that
does work. When will MS support its products. !!!
3 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

That's the way JavaScript passwords and validation work in html
- the method you are using is worthless as password protection

To password protect a portion of your site see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...
Your host will have to support subwebs and unique permissions under the FP Server Extensions

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"ed hansen" <hansened@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5d7401c42da1$169514b0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| I added a text box; told the menu's what passowrd of 3
| digits to plug in. I then link to a new page of other
| material. If I don't plug inthe correct text; then an IE
| windows message box pops up saying waht the expected
| password entry should be. ?? Great aye !!!
|
| So when I enter in the right password, I get to wherei
| need to be on my programmed link.
|
| www.hansenbulldogs.com
| Check it out. Top of first page is my text entry box.it
| will tell you what to plug in !!!!
|
| Any idaes on how this works or doign somethign else that
| does work. When will MS support its products. !!!

Ronx

If you *must* use JavaScript for security, see
www.rxs-enterprises.com/tests/jspass/ for a better method.
JavaScript security is not secure, and never can be.
--
Ron

"ed hansen" <hansened@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I added a text box; told the menu's what passowrd of 3
> digits to plug in. I then link to a new page of other
> material. If I don't plug inthe correct text; then an IE
> windows message box pops up saying waht the expected
> password entry should be. ?? Great aye !!!
>
> So when I enter in the right password, I get to wherei
> need to be on my programmed link.
>
> www.hansenbulldogs.com
> Check it out. Top of first page is my text entry box.it
> will tell you what to plug in !!!!
>
> Any idaes on how this works or doign somethign else that
> does work. When will MS support its products. !!!

Greg Chagnon

Hi Ed,

Take a look at Page Protector Pro.
http://www.websunl.../order/Product/PagePro/p...