microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

code to name a form results csv file on the fly....

shinyd

4/29/2004 2:48:00 AM

I have created a form in FP XP, that i am saving the
results to a .csv file. I am having multiple locations
access this form, and would like to have the .csv file
named according to the users login to the form, and date
stamp if possible. Thank you for your help.....
Shinyd
2 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Not possible unless you generate separate files using a server side script like ASP

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"shinyd" <shinyd@I_need_an_answer.com> wrote in message news:5d0901c42d94$6e88df10$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| I have created a form in FP XP, that i am saving the
| results to a .csv file. I am having multiple locations
| access this form, and would like to have the .csv file
| named according to the users login to the form, and date
| stamp if possible. Thank you for your help.....
| Shinyd

Greg Chagnon

Hi Shinyd,

It is possible if you use DHTML to modify the saveresults bot and change the u-file parameter before submitting the page to SHTML.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...