=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/28/2004 1:43:00 PM

Jerry:

The page is very attractive but contrary to what you say
it is entirely made up of graphics. Just because a
picture contains words doesn't mean it isn't a graphic.

It does take awhile to download on my dialup connection.
If you want to improve the download, I would suggest you
try to convert some of the text graphics to text. You may
also want to look into reducing the resolution of the
remaining graphics while still maintaining the quality of
the displayed graphic.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

having an issue. The pages download very slow sometimes,
and great other times. Each page is not that big, and
the only pictures on them are the buttons. Still the
page is not large. Should I choose to optimize the HLMT
before I publish the site? I am just a bit dissapointed
in the download time and I have a cable connection. Can
you take a look at it and let me know if you have the
same issue? Thank you, Jerry

>www.usertest.qtownpantherfootball.com
>.

4 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Especially w/ 180KB of images

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Rick Budde" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:556601c42d26$c6d0b3f0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| Jerry:
|
| The page is very attractive but contrary to what you say
| it is entirely made up of graphics. Just because a
| picture contains words doesn't mean it isn't a graphic.
|
| It does take awhile to download on my dialup connection.
| If you want to improve the download, I would suggest you
| try to convert some of the text graphics to text. You may
| also want to look into reducing the resolution of the
| remaining graphics while still maintaining the quality of
| the displayed graphic.
|
| I hope this points you in the right direction.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Jerry,
There is also another way and that's to reduce the size of your jpg or gif files. There is software available for this....one that comes to mind is jpegcruncher.com. You also can have them do it for you. I've used it several times for the very same reason. They also crunch gif's.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks Michael. I loked into this and realized I am pushing about 190 KB in my home page. I can cut that down by shrinking my files, which I can do. What amount of KB should I not exceed on a specific page? Any ideas? Thanks, Jerry

Stefan B. Rusynko

Ideally < 50KB of images