How do I find the main window handle?

MLM450

11/26/2007 7:58:00 PM

In a DLL written in C#, how can you get the handle of the main window
of the app that called you?

Thanks,
Mike
2 Answers

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Mike,

AFAIK, there is no API that will do this for you.

Rather, the easiest way I can think of is to call the static
GetCurrentProcess method on the Process class and then access the
MainWindowHandle property on the Process instance returned.

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mvp@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

"Mike" <MLM450@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In a DLL written in C#, how can you get the handle of the main window
> of the app that called you?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

MLM450