=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/28/2004 1:26:00 AM

I have received several emails saying that my website
http: www.eyespyli.com does not adjust for different size
screens (page does not fit in 800x600 I loose my right
navigation section due to scrolling) people hate to scroll
left to right. It looks OK on my screen. I have a 17"
screen. I was also told that my dynamic animation logo
section does not come up when using Mozilla browser

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Susan

3 Answers

Lisa Wollin \(MS\)

Hi, Susan,

You will need to change your table and cell widths to percentages. You can
do this in FrontPage through the Table Properties dialog box (select to
measure width In percent), or you can manually change the width attribute in
the HTML. Keep in mind, however, if you attempt to adjust the width in
Design view, FrontPage changes the percentages back to fixed pixel
measurements. Also, you should note that although a TABLE element may
specify a percent width, if cells within the table specify specific pixel
measurements, the pixel measurements will be how the cells are displayed.

Hope this helps.

--
Lisa Wollin
Programmer Writer

Use of included code samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp....
"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have received several emails saying that my website
> http: www.eyespyli.com does not adjust for different size
> screens (page does not fit in 800x600 I loose my right
> navigation section due to scrolling) people hate to scroll
> left to right. It looks OK on my screen. I have a 17"
> screen. I was also told that my dynamic animation logo
> section does not come up when using Mozilla browser
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks
> Susan

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

It really screws everything up. I am using FP2000. When I
change from Pixels to percent it shrinks and looks bad. If
I stretch it out it changes it back to pixels. Am I doing
something wrong? Or what L

I do appreciate the help.

Susan

confers no rights.
>Use of included code samples are subject to the terms
specified at
>http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp....
>"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I have received several emails saying that my website
>> http: www.eyespyli.com does not adjust for different
size
>> screens (page does not fit in 800x600 I loose my right
>> navigation section due to scrolling) people hate to
scroll
>> left to right. It looks OK on my screen. I have a 17"
>> screen. I was also told that my dynamic animation logo
>> section does not come up when using Mozilla browser
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>> Thanks
>> Susan
>>

>.

Lisa Wollin \(MS\)

Susan,

You have nested tables, so you need to specify each table as 100%, and then
specify the width percentage for each cell individually. The best way to do
this would be to switch to HTML view and manually edit the code. Do a
search for "width=" and change the pixel value to a %.

If you are not familiar with working with code, don't worry. It will seem a
bit strange at first, but it's not hard to work with HTML code.

When you switch to HTML view, locate the first TABLE element ( it will look
like <table .... >). Locate the width attribute (width="500") and change
the value in the quotes, if necessary, to 100%. Do this with all of the
TABLE elements.

Next locate the TR elements. These shouldn't have width measurements, but
if they do, make these width="100%". (If there isn't already a width for
the TR element, don't add one.)

Finally, locate the TD elements. These will be more difficult. You will
have to "eyeball" these. For example, if you have a table that contains
three columns that you want equally spaced across the page, you would set
the width attrubute for each TD element to 33%, except for the last one
which would be 34% (for a total of total 100%).

I'm getting ready to sign off, Susan, but if you need additional help, feel
free to post to the newsgroup and someone else may be able to help you out,
or you can email me directly tomorrow at lisawoll@microsoft.com.