microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

dhtml in shared borders?

rober

4/27/2004 1:45:00 PM

I'd like to use dynamic links in my shared border but FrontPage won't let
me. Is this normal or possible??

Thanks to all,

Rob

2 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Only the content inside of the body tags is applied to your pages using shared borders
All scripts in the head section and any body onloads must be in your main pages

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"rober" <rober@cshore.com> wrote in message news:108souneuq6vo4d@corp.supernews.com...
| I'd like to use dynamic links in my shared border but FrontPage won't let
| me. Is this normal or possible??
|
| Thanks to all,
|
| Rob

rst0wxyz

On Oct 25, 5:11 pm, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/2010 2:31 PM, Zanzibar wrote:
> I agree with most, and here's one area where human capital comes in. Why
> is it that American companies do not ship jobs to say Africa or perhaps
> even parts of Mexico where it can be even cheaper or where there can be

GE appliances are mostly manufactured in Mexico. Kenmore, the Sears
brand is manufactured by GE, therefore, also manufactured in Mexico.

> lesser language barriers etc etc? Confirmed from the horse's mouth by
> someone from a mid-sized international company: yes it's cheaper, but
> quality is so much lower (yes, lower than China's!), deadlines are
> virtually never met (big problem), but most seriously and most
> importantly - they never never never never never learn to make it right
> the next time. All their feedback was dud. It's re-inventing the wheel
> all over month after month. That's his reason.

As the Chinese people don't trust products manufactured in China,
Mexicans don't trust products manufactured in Mexico either.

> And likewise you can ship jobs to Korea or Taiwan and quality will most
> definitely be higher, but that incremental gain in quality vs pricepoint
> diminishes profit margin so significantly it's no longer worth it.

Somehow, Americans trust products manufactured in Korea.

> I bet there is reason why, in general, Ford or GM make such trash cars

Ford manufactured their cars in Mexico, too.

> today - unlike their German and Japan counterparts. You can fool the
> market for a while but you can't fool everyone all of the time - and
> that is, if your Detroit assembly line workers are some 2-digit IQ orcs
> practically fresh out of special ed, just don't expect some 1st rate
> product any time soon - let alone some price-competitive one on a global
> scale.
>
> Produce still has to come from some producer somehow.

Yeah, from Chile and Peru, central and South America. Have you check
the labels on the produce lately in your supermarkets?

> And in so many measures like it or not, America no longer measures up.
>
> More painfully it may end up having only itself to blame.

We buy our produce from the flea market. The sellers are mostly
Asians and Mexicans.