microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

I guess FrontPage can't fix my problem, huh?

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/26/2004 11:56:00 PM

I guess the glitch in Front Page 2002 that eliminated any
folder on my web from being designated (or able to be
designated) as the homepage is something that cannot be
fixed, huh? I have followed all the suggestions given in a
page'. For some reason Front Page has eliminated my home
page and I am having to re-write the entire thing - kind of
a drag!

If anyone has any ideas on why Front Page is doing this, or
what I can do to fix it, I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Kate
4 Answers

Steve Easton

You can't designate a "folder" as a Home page, you can only designate a file as
a home page, and then in needs to be named index.htm in your local web.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I guess the glitch in Front Page 2002 that eliminated any
> folder on my web from being designated (or able to be
> designated) as the homepage is something that cannot be
> fixed, huh? I have followed all the suggestions given in a
> page'. For some reason Front Page has eliminated my home
> page and I am having to re-write the entire thing - kind of
> a drag!
>
> If anyone has any ideas on why Front Page is doing this, or
> what I can do to fix it, I would be very grateful!
>
> Thanks,
> Kate

Greg Chagnon

Or default or home

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message news:O1%23ziSFLEHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You can't designate a "folder" as a Home page, you can only designate a file as
> a home page, and then in needs to be named index.htm in your local web.
>
> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed..................
> ..............................with a computer
>

> "Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I guess the glitch in Front Page 2002 that eliminated any
> > folder on my web from being designated (or able to be
> > designated) as the homepage is something that cannot be
> > fixed, huh? I have followed all the suggestions given in a
> > page'. For some reason Front Page has eliminated my home
> > page and I am having to re-write the entire thing - kind of
> > a drag!
> >
> > If anyone has any ideas on why Front Page is doing this, or
> > what I can do to fix it, I would be very grateful!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kate

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

I'm sorry, I used the wrong word. I have a file in my web
called index.htm and it used to have the 'home' Icon on it.
After I published it online to a server the online website
worked fine but my local web (on my hard drive) lost the
home button on every page. The 'home' Icon was no longer
on my file in the Navigation view. I went to the foldeer
view and right clicked on the index.htm file so that I
could click "set as home page" but that option was NOT on
the menu!! It is not an option that shows up when I right
click on ANY file.

I have several other webs on Front Page that I am
experimenting with and EVERY one of them has index.htm set
as the home page (complete with the 'home' Icon on the Nav
view page) and when the folder is right clicked in the
folder view it HAS the option to 'set as home page'.

I am having to re-write my entire website and am becoming
more and more disillusioned with Front Page. My instructor
on web design doesn't know what the problem is, the IT
expert at our college can't figure out what the problem is
and I've had several responses from this forum and no one
can give me any suggestions other than to right click on
the index.htm file in folder view and choose 'set as home
page' - which, of course, is NOT an option on this
particular web!

If there IS no solution and this is just some glitch in
Front Page, please let me know and I will stop trying to
find a solution and finish re-writing my web. BUT I'd
rather find a solution and save myself many hours of work.

Thank you,
Kate

home
>> page'. For some reason Front Page has eliminated my
home
>> page and I am having to re-write the entire thing - kind
of
>> a drag!
>>
>> If anyone has any ideas on why Front Page is doing this,
or
>> what I can do to fix it, I would be very grateful!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kate
>

>.

Rhonda

Is this file inside a subfolder under the root folder? myweb/folder myweb = root folder=location of the file? If so, does the root folder have a file called index.htm also? Email me

Rhond