Steve Freeman

4/26/2004 3:35:00 PM

Hello,
I have a login procedure on my site at
http://www.freisco.com/login.asp?returnURL=%2Fres%2Fdef...
and when the visitor logs in, it checks to see if they are approved for
access into the site.
What I'd like to know is if the same button could also generate an email
autoresponder to me that would capture the user, password, and IP info
from the visitor and then email me this info. I would like to do this
so the visitor doesn't know I am keeping tabs on his activity.
Any and all insights welcomed.
-Steve

3 Answers

Peter Aitken

"Steve Freeman - SuperRealtor" <Steve@CountyRealty.Com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a login procedure on my site at
> http://www.freisco.com/login.asp?returnURL=%2Fres%2Fdef...
> and when the visitor logs in, it checks to see if they are approved for
> access into the site.
> What I'd like to know is if the same button could also generate an email
> autoresponder to me that would capture the user, password, and IP info
> from the visitor and then email me this info. I would like to do this
> so the visitor doesn't know I am keeping tabs on his activity.
> Any and all insights welcomed.
> -Steve

Email sounds kludgy. Why not have the ASP code that checks the login -
against a database I assume - simply write the user info to a "visitors"
table in the same database?

--
Peter Aitken

Steve Freeman

I use Access2000.mdb file that I upload to the webhost each day. Users
are checked against the login db. I could create a "visitor" table and
include it in my ftp to the webhost. I don't know how to write the code
that would write/register the visitor into a log on the webhost. Even
if I knew how to generate the log, I don't know how to provide the
instant notifications that would pop up on my screen if I used the email
autoresponder method I described.
I welcome any and all insights to help me with this.
-Steve

> I use Access2000.mdb file that I upload to the webhost each day. Users
> are checked against the login db. I could create a "visitor" table and
> include it in my ftp to the webhost. I don't know how to write the code
> that would write/register the visitor into a log on the webhost. Even
> if I knew how to generate the log, I don't know how to provide the
> instant notifications that would pop up on my screen if I used the email
> autoresponder method I described.
> I welcome any and all insights to help me with this.
> -Steve

OK - I did not realize that you *wanted* the instant notification. I do not
have any ideas for this.

--
Peter Aitken