microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Bad Page Width w/ Forms Present

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/26/2004 2:51:00 PM

Happy Monday, everyone!

I have some pages with forms accepting or displaying data
in tables. When I select table properties an assign the
Table Width property to 98%, the view appears to apply.
When I view the published pages however, I see the
arbitrary table dimensions - without regard to the IE
window size, and the tables appear fixed-width.

There are frames of some sort surrounding the tables in
the FP02 editor window whose dimensions appear to take
precedence over the table dimension definitions.

How do I correct the table width flexibility issue
without disrupting the form functionality?

Thanks in advance, as always,

Matthew =}
5 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Mathew,

URL please
--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"Matthew =}" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454e01c42b9d$d29a1670$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Happy Monday, everyone!
>
> I have some pages with forms accepting or displaying data
> in tables. When I select table properties an assign the
> Table Width property to 98%, the view appears to apply.
> When I view the published pages however, I see the
> arbitrary table dimensions - without regard to the IE
> window size, and the tables appear fixed-width.
>
> There are frames of some sort surrounding the tables in
> the FP02 editor window whose dimensions appear to take
> precedence over the table dimension definitions.
>
> How do I correct the table width flexibility issue
> without disrupting the form functionality?
>
> Thanks in advance, as always,
>
> Matthew =}

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Heh..that would help, huh? Try this - I donno if it'll
authenticate you...

68.121.59.194

It's internal, and I think I got it - but can you tell me
if I am going to jack up my forms if I remove the leading
without them yet (making b4&aft copies now...), but they
look perfect in the editor now.

Are the <div> tags relevant to form function? ...and
thanks for the prompt response, too!

Matthew =}

Stefan B. Rusynko

The IP you gave requires a User ID and Password for access

The div tags are just a container and won't affect the table size unless the div also has dimensions
- table sizing of 98% means 98 percent of user screen size (if the table is not inside of any other container like a div of fixed
size or another table cell of some size)

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Matthew =}" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442401c42ba1$47a59720$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| Heh..that would help, huh? Try this - I donno if it'll
| authenticate you...
|
| 68.121.59.194
|
| It's internal, and I think I got it - but can you tell me
| if I am going to jack up my forms if I remove the leading
| without them yet (making b4&aft copies now...), but they
| look perfect in the editor now.
|
| Are the <div> tags relevant to form function? ...and
| thanks for the prompt response, too!
|
| Matthew =}

Steve Easton

That is an IP address that is part of a block assigned to PAC Bell.

We need a URL to a published site.

www.yoursite.com

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
"Matthew =}" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Heh..that would help, huh? Try this - I donno if it'll
> authenticate you...
>
> 68.121.59.194
>
> It's internal, and I think I got it - but can you tell me
> if I am going to jack up my forms if I remove the leading
> without them yet (making b4&aft copies now...), but they
> look perfect in the editor now.
>
> Are the <div> tags relevant to form function? ...and
> thanks for the prompt response, too!
>
> Matthew =}

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Stefan & Steve,

Yeah, pointers & publishing later in the week.
Sorry 'bout the authentication; I thought you might get
in as IUSER_ with default auth. =/

Anywho, it was the <div> dimension getting in my way, as
you suggested - so I yanked those tags. Thanks for the
info & the prompt replies; y'all rock.

Matthew =}

FrontPage ]
;