microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Time out error FrontPage 2000

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/26/2004 12:01:00 AM

I've created my web site using FrontPage 2000 I have approximately 8000 pages and now receive the time out error because FrontPage cannot list much over 5000 pp. I would like to know if there is a easy solution or if upgrading to FrontPage 2003 will make any difference
2 Answers

Steve Easton

Are all of these 8000 pages in the root web??

If so create folders in the root and start moving related pages into the folders.

Some people advocate subwebs instead of folders but either will work.

There is actually no limit to the number of pages or files FrontPage can handle, but there
is a Windows limit of 9,999
in any one folder IIRC.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Raleigh Sims" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created my web site using FrontPage 2000 I have approximately 8000 pages and now
receive the time out error because FrontPage cannot list much over 5000 pp. I would like
to know if there is a easy solution or if upgrading to FrontPage 2003 will make any
difference

Stefan B. Rusynko

IMHO
w/ 8000 pages (at any level) a subweb is Recommned
- since FP still needs to review / compare All pages for changes before it even starts to publish
- that often causes a server timeout, since the server thinks nothing is happening w/ file transfers

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...