microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Scheduled Include Tutorial(s)?

Tom

4/25/2004 6:03:00 PM

I can't get this function to first schedule a page, and then publish the
page at the time I scheduled it, even I have carefully followed the
instructions in the Help file. I'm at my wits end. Does anyone know of a
tutorial that I can go to for additioal help? Thanks to anyone who answers
my plea.

4 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Scheduled Includes are not Automatic
- they are just "pre-scheduled" to change When and If you Publish the site
(or open the online site in FP and run Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks)
After the Scheduled date/time

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Ralph" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:eqLV79uKEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| I can't get this function to first schedule a page, and then publish the
| page at the time I scheduled it, even I have carefully followed the
| instructions in the Help file. I'm at my wits end. Does anyone know of a
| tutorial that I can go to for additioal help? Thanks to anyone who answers
| my plea.

Tom

Hi Stephan,

Thanks. Can the scheduling be made automatic with the right ASP code? I am
not a programmer but I know someone that writes a lot of VB scripting.

"Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Scheduled Includes are not Automatic
> - they are just "pre-scheduled" to change When and If you Publish the site
> (or open the online site in FP and run Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks)
> After the Scheduled date/time

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>

> "Ralph" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
> | I can't get this function to first schedule a page, and then publish the
> | page at the time I scheduled it, even I have carefully followed the
> | instructions in the Help file. I'm at my wits end. Does anyone know of a
> | tutorial that I can go to for additioal help? Thanks to anyone who
answers
> | my plea.

Stefan B. Rusynko

No

It's controlled by the FP SE which are not accessible from ASP

But if you can write ASP code, why not just drop the scheduled include and code the whole thing in ASP

"Ralph" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:u$rQx75KEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| Hi Stephan,
|
| Thanks. Can the scheduling be made automatic with the right ASP code? I am
| not a programmer but I know someone that writes a lot of VB scripting.
|
| "Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Scheduled Includes are not Automatic
| > - they are just "pre-scheduled" to change When and If you Publish the site
| > (or open the online site in FP and run Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks)
| > After the Scheduled date/time
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
| > _____________________________________________
| >

| > "Ralph" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
| > | I can't get this function to first schedule a page, and then publish the
| > | page at the time I scheduled it, even I have carefully followed the
| > | instructions in the Help file. I'm at my wits end. Does anyone know of a
| > | tutorial that I can go to for additioal help? Thanks to anyone who
| answers
| > | my plea.
| > |
| > |

Tom

I can't write ASP but I though that (maybe) a small amount of ASP code could
be inserted into the Scheduled IP to automate it. That seemed the easiest
way to do what I needed.

If I can get the guy I mentioned to do it for me would it be fairly easy to
write the ASP code or will he need to design a db?