microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Frames pages and links from other sites

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/25/2004 11:37:00 AM

Hi I have used frames on my site, and it has started
getting a lot of hits from search engines like google -
however, the links are often taking visitors straight
into one of the sub pages, and thus the frames are not
I know frames are unpopular with some, but is there any
way to prevent this happening?
TIA
3 Answers

Tom Pepper

http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.p...
Tom Pepper Willett [Microsoft MVP - FrontPage]
-------------------
Microsoft FrontPage:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/de...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/...
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
"Graham" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi I have used frames on my site, and it has started
| getting a lot of hits from search engines like google -
| however, the links are often taking visitors straight
| into one of the sub pages, and thus the frames are not
| I know frames are unpopular with some, but is there any
| way to prevent this happening?
| TIA

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Excellent just what I was looking for, thank you!
01
>--
>Tom Pepper Willett [Microsoft MVP - FrontPage]
-------------------
>-------------------
>Microsoft FrontPage:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodin...
..mspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/...
>To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage
support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>"Graham" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>| Hi I have used frames on my site, and it has started
>| getting a lot of hits from search engines like google -
>| however, the links are often taking visitors straight
>| into one of the sub pages, and thus the frames are not
>| I know frames are unpopular with some, but is there any
>| way to prevent this happening?
>| TIA
>

>.

Tom Pepper