microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Get server side file information?

Dennis

4/25/2004 3:55:00 AM

I copy my Access DB to FP's fpdb directory and then upload it, along with
the rest of my web site, to my ISP's server.

I'd like to have my ASP pages, which execute on the server, determine the
Access file's Updated Date and Time and then display it in their output.
Basically, what I want to do is display for the user something that says
"Access DB version is 24 Apr 04 at 11:45".

Is it possible to get the Access file's last updated Date and Time on the
server side?

--
Dennis Gallagher
Monroe, WA, USA

1 Answer

Jim Buyens

Yes. If you code:
<%
Dim fso, f, s
Set fso = Server.CreateObject_
("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set f = fso.GetFile(server.mappath("fpdb/mydb.mdb"))
%>
then
<%=f.DateLastModified%>
will display the filesystem data for your Acccess
database.

For more info on the Scripting.FileSystemObject, browse
http://msdn.microsoft.com/l...
us/script56/html/fsooriscriptingrun-timereference.asp

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of: