microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Importing website, no navigation

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/23/2004 8:23:00 PM

I am trying to import my cousin's website so that I may
fix some things. When I import the site using the import
wizard, the pages all show up in the folders view, but
there is only the opening page when you click on the
navigation button. I tried the same thing with a template
and there is nothing at all under the nav button. How do I
create or import the navigation ? thank you
3 Answers

Kevin Spencer

Hi Evelyn,

Don't Import. Publish. You can publish by opening the hosted web site in
FrontPage and publishing it to a location on your local machine.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Evelyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to import my cousin's website so that I may
> fix some things. When I import the site using the import
> wizard, the pages all show up in the folders view, but
> there is only the opening page when you click on the
> navigation button. I tried the same thing with a template
> and there is nothing at all under the nav button. How do I
> create or import the navigation ? thank you

Steve Easton

If the server has FrontPage extensions, you need to log onto the site using
http://yourcous... and select File > Publish and publish it back to your machine.

If no extensions you need to log on with ftp://yourcous... and FTP back to your
machine. However with the ftp method you will have to recreate the navigation structure
as it won't be downloaded

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Evelyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to import my cousin's website so that I may
> fix some things. When I import the site using the import
> wizard, the pages all show up in the folders view, but
> there is only the opening page when you click on the
> navigation button. I tried the same thing with a template
> and there is nothing at all under the nav button. How do I
> create or import the navigation ? thank you

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

I opened the web from within FP and published it to a
separate directory. The message said that it published
correctly. I then went and opened that web and there
appears to be no difference. Still no navigation tree. Any
ideas? Thanks again