microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

FP 2000 DHTML & Navigation Bars

shannon j

4/23/2004 3:01:00 PM

I have two problems/questions:

1. I have a DHTML effect on my home page - text to fly
in on page load. It is not visible on my published
site. Any ideas?

2. My left Navigation bar seems to change widths on
different pages of my web. This causes problems with
text wrapping. The most noticeable problem is the
scrolling marquee I have in the Nav Bar. On some pages
it looks fine, but on other pages parts of it are cut off
(the bottom of the letters are cut off, or when it stops
scrolling the first letter is cut off). Any ideas?
marquee looks good here: http://www.e..., but not
here
http://www.e.../http://evanvic.com/calculators.htm

Thanks for any help/answers!

Shannon J.
4 Answers

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

I have the same problem with FP 03 on the fly in effect.
It use to work perfect and now it won't. I've asked and
asked and no one seems to have the solution. All my
settings are correct. What I did notice is that some of
the dhtml effects work and and some don't (like fly in).
I hope someone has the solution.

Stefan B. Rusynko

Lisa
Provide a link to the page that does not work

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:374001c42981$7d031310$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| I have the same problem with FP 03 on the fly in effect.
| It use to work perfect and now it won't. I've asked and
| asked and no one seems to have the solution. All my
| settings are correct. What I did notice is that some of
| the dhtml effects work and and some don't (like fly in).
| I hope someone has the solution.

Stefan B. Rusynko

1) I don't see a FP page transition set in your home page html

2) The page is at http://www.e.../calcu... and the different themes control your difference in font size

"shannon j" <shannon@garthandshannon.com> wrote in message news:342f01c42943$db0cbfd0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| I have two problems/questions:
|
| 1. I have a DHTML effect on my home page - text to fly
| in on page load. It is not visible on my published
| site. Any ideas?
|
| 2. My left Navigation bar seems to change widths on
| different pages of my web. This causes problems with
| text wrapping. The most noticeable problem is the
| scrolling marquee I have in the Nav Bar. On some pages
| it looks fine, but on other pages parts of it are cut off
| (the bottom of the letters are cut off, or when it stops
| scrolling the first letter is cut off). Any ideas?
| marquee looks good here: http://www.e..., but not
| here
| http://www.e.../http://evanvic.com/calculators.htm
|
| Thanks for any help/answers!
|
| Shannon J.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks but I removed the effect; drove me nuts.

FrontPage ]
;