Joey Lee

4/23/2004 8:43:00 AM

Dear All,

I am trying to create a form that the user inserts his/her particular like
name, email and etc to upload to our server. However, before the upload, i
would like to have another webpage either a normal page or popup that has a
letter of agreement(something like when u install programs) that the user
have to check a tickbox below to agree to agreement and proceed with the
uploading.

So my question is
1> what is the best way of doing this?
I was thinking of having a checkbox at the bottom of the form and a link
that will popup the letter of agreement. This can be done...
I was hoping that by pressing the upload button another seperate screen that
already has the whole letter of agreement displayed with the tickbox that
will enable the submit button. However, I do not know how to do this as the
form spans between pages... sorry i am new to web programming

2> is there any thing that i must comform to like security issues, legal
issue to make this agreement to be "correct" and that the user HAS agreed to
it and cannot debate about it later on...

Thanks

Joey

6 Answers

Peter Aitken

"Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to create a form that the user inserts his/her particular like
> name, email and etc to upload to our server. However, before the upload, i
> would like to have another webpage either a normal page or popup that has
> letter of agreement(something like when u install programs) that the user
> have to check a tickbox below to agree to agreement and proceed with the
> uploading.
>
> So my question is
> 1> what is the best way of doing this?
> I was thinking of having a checkbox at the bottom of the form and a link
> that will popup the letter of agreement. This can be done...
> I was hoping that by pressing the upload button another seperate screen
that
> already has the whole letter of agreement displayed with the tickbox that
> will enable the submit button. However, I do not know how to do this as
the
> form spans between pages... sorry i am new to web programming
>
> 2> is there any thing that i must comform to like security issues, legal
> issue to make this agreement to be "correct" and that the user HAS agreed
> it and cannot debate about it later on...

I have seen it done as follows on may sites. The agreement is displayed on
the same form where the user enters name, etc. Below it are two option
buttons "I agree" and "I do not agree" with the second one checked by
default. User must check the "I agree" option. Code in the page checks to
ensure that this was done before submitting.

--
Peter Aitken

Dave Karmens

I've got a FrontPage form that is supposed to submit to a text file and
send out an email with the results.... but it's not working.

I have tried recalculating the hyperlinks - but that has not done any good.

There aren't any errors reported either.

+FarmerPickles

is this something you are looking for??
http://www.codeave.com/asp/code.asp...

"Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to create a form that the user inserts his/her particular like
> name, email and etc to upload to our server. However, before the upload, i
> would like to have another webpage either a normal page or popup that has
> letter of agreement(something like when u install programs) that the user
> have to check a tickbox below to agree to agreement and proceed with the
> uploading.
>
> So my question is
> 1> what is the best way of doing this?
> I was thinking of having a checkbox at the bottom of the form and a link
> that will popup the letter of agreement. This can be done...
> I was hoping that by pressing the upload button another seperate screen
that
> already has the whole letter of agreement displayed with the tickbox that
> will enable the submit button. However, I do not know how to do this as
the
> form spans between pages... sorry i am new to web programming
>
> 2> is there any thing that i must comform to like security issues, legal
> issue to make this agreement to be "correct" and that the user HAS agreed
> it and cannot debate about it later on...
>
> Thanks
>
> Joey

Joey Lee

Is the settings in IIS correct?. You need to set the mail delivery option at
the server

"Peter Aitken" <paitken@CRAPnc.rr.com> wrote in message
> "Joseph Lee" <joeylta1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am trying to create a form that the user inserts his/her particular
like
> > name, email and etc to upload to our server. However, before the upload,
> > would like to have another webpage either a normal page or popup that
has
> > letter of agreement(something like when u install programs) that the
user
> > have to check a tickbox below to agree to agreement and proceed with the
> > uploading.
> >
> > So my question is
> > 1> what is the best way of doing this?
> > I was thinking of having a checkbox at the bottom of the form and a link
> > that will popup the letter of agreement. This can be done...
> > I was hoping that by pressing the upload button another seperate screen
> that
> > already has the whole letter of agreement displayed with the tickbox
that
> > will enable the submit button. However, I do not know how to do this as
> the
> > form spans between pages... sorry i am new to web programming
> >
> > 2> is there any thing that i must comform to like security issues, legal
> > issue to make this agreement to be "correct" and that the user HAS
agreed
> > it and cannot debate about it later on...
> >

> I have seen it done as follows on may sites. The agreement is displayed on
> the same form where the user enters name, etc. Below it are two option
> buttons "I agree" and "I do not agree" with the second one checked by
> default. User must check the "I agree" option. Code in the page checks to
> ensure that this was done before submitting.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

Joey Lee

It seems to be something that I might like, however the view the output
example seems strange
When i click on the here, it send me to a new page with the word 'content' .
After that it does not have any button to go back. If i close the web page,
i dun return to the previous page. Is there any settings i need to enable at
my side?