Henry Seymour

4/23/2004 2:07:00 AM

FP 2003
Win XP
Interactive Button Glass Tab 1

How does one write the script to capture the button that was clicked?
My particular issue is that I want three buttons to display the appropriate
table on the 'same' page as the buttons, and to disable the viewing of the
other two tables. I don't want to jump to another page. Hence, the need for
having the three tables on the same page and selectively highlight one and
hide the other two.

This was easily done with the older tabstrips which operated off of a click
event.

Thanks.

4 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Interactive Buttons are just image links to which you can add a hyperlink (as a html link or JavaScript link) when you create the
button
- the only thing the Interactive Buttons also do is add events for the 3 states as
onmouseover, onmouseout, onmousedown, and onmouseup

Select the button on your page, switch to code view and enter your onclick JavaScript event (as you have done before w/ any
hyperlink) in the hyperlink tag
As say from
<a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm">
<a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm" onclick="yourfunction();return false;">

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Henry Seymour" <henry@seymour-family.com> wrote in message news:108guhcprvrn5c1@corp.supernews.com...
| FP 2003
| Win XP
| Interactive Button Glass Tab 1
|
| How does one write the script to capture the button that was clicked?
| My particular issue is that I want three buttons to display the appropriate
| table on the 'same' page as the buttons, and to disable the viewing of the
| other two tables. I don't want to jump to another page. Hence, the need for
| having the three tables on the same page and selectively highlight one and
| hide the other two.
|
| This was easily done with the older tabstrips which operated off of a click
| event.
|
| Thanks.

Henry Seymour

Stefan,
I've spent some amount of time looking at the dialog boxes related to
Behaviors and Interactive Buttons.
1) I can't find a way to insert an onclick event or any other event using
the dialog boxes provided, therefore the default is using the editor. Is
this correct?
2) When I use a table, set the id="a name", then set the hyperlink using the
dialog box the Button it doesn't work, i.e. it doesn't jump to the table.
When I use this method it does build the <a href="a name">. Even if this did
scroll down to the table in question it isn't what I want and as I have
using the tabstrip object. I need to turn off the display of two of the
tables before displaying the desired table.
3) Does this object require the use of jscript functions or is vbscript ok?
Thanks,
Henry

"Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Interactive Buttons are just image links to which you can add a hyperlink
(as a html link or JavaScript link) when you create the
> button
> - the only thing the Interactive Buttons also do is add events for the 3
states as
> onmouseover, onmouseout, onmousedown, and onmouseup
>
> Select the button on your page, switch to code view and enter your onclick
JavaScript event (as you have done before w/ any
> hyperlink) in the hyperlink tag
> As say from
> <a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm">
> <a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm"
onclick="yourfunction();return false;">

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>

> "Henry Seymour" <henry@seymour-family.com> wrote in message
> | FP 2003
> | Win XP
> | Interactive Button Glass Tab 1
> |
> | How does one write the script to capture the button that was clicked?
> | My particular issue is that I want three buttons to display the
appropriate
> | table on the 'same' page as the buttons, and to disable the viewing of
the
> | other two tables. I don't want to jump to another page. Hence, the need
for
> | having the three tables on the same page and selectively highlight one
and
> | hide the other two.
> |
> | This was easily done with the older tabstrips which operated off of a
click
> | event.
> |
> | Thanks.

Henry Seymour

Stefan,
After I responded I went ahead and manually inserted the onclick event and
then created a jscript function. And using the dialog box I removed the
hyperlink that I had inserted.

It worked.

I'm still interested in knowing if I must manually insert the onclick event?
Must I use Jscript or would vbscript do?
In addition, I tried using Photoshop 2.0 elements to change the color of the
button so far I can't do it. What is your suggestion for editing the color?

Thanks,
Henry
"Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Interactive Buttons are just image links to which you can add a hyperlink
(as a html link or JavaScript link) when you create the
> button
> - the only thing the Interactive Buttons also do is add events for the 3
states as
> onmouseover, onmouseout, onmousedown, and onmouseup
>
> Select the button on your page, switch to code view and enter your onclick
JavaScript event (as you have done before w/ any
> hyperlink) in the hyperlink tag
> As say from
> <a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm">
> <a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm"
onclick="yourfunction();return false;">

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>

> "Henry Seymour" <henry@seymour-family.com> wrote in message
> | FP 2003
> | Win XP
> | Interactive Button Glass Tab 1
> |
> | How does one write the script to capture the button that was clicked?
> | My particular issue is that I want three buttons to display the
appropriate
> | table on the 'same' page as the buttons, and to disable the viewing of
the
> | other two tables. I don't want to jump to another page. Hence, the need
for
> | having the three tables on the same page and selectively highlight one
and
> | hide the other two.
> |
> | This was easily done with the older tabstrips which operated off of a
click
> | event.
> |
> | Thanks.

Stefan B. Rusynko

Use JavaScript for your onclick events in Code view

You change the button colors you need to create your own Interactive buttons
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

"Henry Seymour" <henry@seymour-family.com> wrote in message news:108mb4o5dc9dkcc@corp.supernews.com...
| Stefan,
| After I responded I went ahead and manually inserted the onclick event and
| then created a jscript function. And using the dialog box I removed the
| hyperlink that I had inserted.
|
| It worked.
|
| I'm still interested in knowing if I must manually insert the onclick event?
| Must I use Jscript or would vbscript do?
| In addition, I tried using Photoshop 2.0 elements to change the color of the
| button so far I can't do it. What is your suggestion for editing the color?
|
| Thanks,
| Henry
| "Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Interactive Buttons are just image links to which you can add a hyperlink
| (as a html link or JavaScript link) when you create the
| > button
| > - the only thing the Interactive Buttons also do is add events for the 3
| states as
| > onmouseover, onmouseout, onmousedown, and onmouseup
| >
| > Select the button on your page, switch to code view and enter your onclick
| JavaScript event (as you have done before w/ any
| > hyperlink) in the hyperlink tag
| > As say from
| > <a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm">
| > <a title="Button Name" href="ButtonPageLink.htm"
| onclick="yourfunction();return false;">
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
| > _____________________________________________
| >

| > "Henry Seymour" <henry@seymour-family.com> wrote in message
| > | FP 2003
| > | Win XP
| > | Interactive Button Glass Tab 1
| > |
| > | How does one write the script to capture the button that was clicked?
| > | My particular issue is that I want three buttons to display the
| appropriate
| > | table on the 'same' page as the buttons, and to disable the viewing of
| the
| > | other two tables. I don't want to jump to another page. Hence, the need
| for
| > | having the three tables on the same page and selectively highlight one
| and
| > | hide the other two.
| > |
| > | This was easily done with the older tabstrips which operated off of a
| click
| > | event.
| > |
| > | Thanks.