TLB registration isue - how to register TLB with GUID with regtlibv12 or C# solution

fuck.of.spam

9/29/2007 1:06:00 PM

Hi all,

I have created .NET classes, compiled it as DLL and registered via
REGASM. Regasm created TLB file, saying that "TypeLib was
registered".. i also created REGfile with regasm and added it to the
registry manually, BUT - the TLB specification is in fact NOT
registered in the registry.

What is in the registry:
1] HKCR\CLSID\{GUID}\...
2] HKCR\ClassNamespace.CLassName\...
3] HKCR\Record\{GUID}\... (Enum declarations..)

with all above the COM interop functions fine. I can create instances
of my class from ASP, etc. Thats fine.

But when i try to use <!--- META type="Typelib" uuid="{GUID}" --> (or
something like this) - the asp ends up with 0223 error saying, that
the TypeLib is not registered.

Actually - after using RegAsm the registry HKCR\TypeLib\{...} contains
no typelib declarations specified by my DLL nor TLB.

So, what did I next was a little detective work - trying figure out
how to register TLB properly.

Finally i found regtlibv12 which resides in 2.0 framework directory
(%systemroot%\microsoft\framework\v2.0...\). However this "tool" is
not documented at all, even has no "help" message at the command line
(wtf?).

So - the only thing i am able to do now is to register the TLB file
from it's location, with no clue how to set up GUID and..i must even
correct the registry path, for it is incomplete.

So..my question is - is this a correct way to register TLB file? How
do I specify the GUID for the regtlibv12 tool?

Or - Am I completly wrong or missing something - than please correct
me or tell me, how to register these mysterious TLB sort of things...