microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Provide user name and password

Matthew

4/22/2004 8:32:00 PM

I have a FrontPage subweb with restricted access.
I need to find a way to programitically provide the user name and password
(when browsing with Internet Explorer) to give a user access to the subweb.
Can I submit a form to the page, and have IIS recognize that?
If that wouldn't work, what other options are there?

Matthew

1 Answer

Greg Chagnon

Hi Matthew,

If you're using the OS file permissions to provide user authentication then each user will have to be registered with the OS and set
up under the file permissions.

Consider using an ASP solution such as Page Protector Pro. http://www.websunl.../order/Product/PagePro/p...

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02