Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe

Sankalp

9/24/2007 1:35:00 PM

We have built an ASP.NET C# web application, which is used in the
intranet and uses the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll to
interface with Microsoft Outlook installed on the users machines. For
the ActiveX to work properly, the users need to enable the "Initialize
and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" option in the security
settings of their IE browser for the local intranet zone.

Is there some way to avoid this, since some users are complaining
about this for obvious reasons?

3 Answers

Brian Muth

Why not use Group Policy for establishing default settings for the IE browser settings centrally?

Brian

"Sankalp" <sankalp.verma@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190640911.852421.61520@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> We have built an ASP.NET C# web application, which is used in the
> intranet and uses the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll to
> interface with Microsoft Outlook installed on the users machines. For
> the ActiveX to work properly, the users need to enable the "Initialize
> and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" option in the security
> settings of their IE browser for the local intranet zone.
>
> Is there some way to avoid this, since some users are complaining
> about this for obvious reasons?

Abbas Ali

Hi Brian, I am also having the same problem to enable the activex
control not marked as safe for using word and excel in my application.

I cant understand what is group policy? pls explain.

Also, is there any way to enable this particular activex control when
the user open the webpage using asp.net code or java script code? Can we
do it programmatically?

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Brian Muth

> I cant understand what is group policy? pls explain.
>
> Also, is there any way to enable this particular activex control when
> the user open the webpage using asp.net code or java script code? Can we
> do it programmatically?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/ierk/appxa_d.msp...

Brian