microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

ANY WAY FOR FP2002 TO DETECT THE IP ADDRESSES OF VISITORS TO MY WEBSITE??

Marcello do Guzman

4/22/2004 5:25:00 AM

I was wondering if it is possible to include either VBA or Javascript
code to detect the IP addresses of visitors to my website?

Thanks in advance.

Marcello do Guzman

Email: marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com
4 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Html and the web does not support VBA

Check w/ your host for their log files

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Marcello do Guzman" <marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fole80tqmhp6liohgsan0frr2ecmciv9u9@4ax.com...
| I was wondering if it is possible to include either VBA or Javascript
| code to detect the IP addresses of visitors to my website?
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Marcello do Guzman
|
| Email: marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com

Steve Easton

Do you mean like this?
http://www.95isalive.com/tricks/i...

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Marcello do Guzman" <marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if it is possible to include either VBA or Javascript
> code to detect the IP addresses of visitors to my website?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Marcello do Guzman
>
> Email: marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com

Mike Mueller

ASP version

strIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("Remote_Addr")

Mike

"Marcello do Guzman" <marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:fole80tqmhp6liohgsan0frr2ecmciv9u9@4ax.com...
: I was wondering if it is possible to include either VBA or
Javascript
: code to detect the IP addresses of visitors to my website?
:
: Thanks in advance.
:
: Marcello do Guzman
:
: Email: marcellodoguzman@hotmail.com

Kevin Spencer

It is important to note, however, that in most cases, the client computer's
public IP address will change frequently.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer