microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

My home button is gone from my computer version

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/22/2004 3:18:00 AM

My home button on every shared border and every other page
is missing. I have gone to the 'link bar properties' and
checked the 'home page' box but it just doesn't show up.
It is published online correctly but it immediately
disappeared from my computer version. I cannot update my
website until I can find the fix for this. HELP!
11 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

Select View Navigation and make sure your home page file has the home icon in it and the file name is the same as that required by
your online hosted site

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28dd01c42818$63745130$a001280a@phx.gbl...
| My home button on every shared border and every other page
| is missing. I have gone to the 'link bar properties' and
| checked the 'home page' box but it just doesn't show up.
| It is published online correctly but it immediately
| disappeared from my computer version. I cannot update my
| website until I can find the fix for this. HELP!

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

The icon for my home page IS missing in that view...I never
noticed it. I'm not sure that the question about my online
site's requirement for that file name applies since my
online website is correct, just my HOME computer version of
the webpage is wrong.

How do I make a correction to restore that icon on my home
page file?

Thanks!
Kate

Stefan B. Rusynko

You still have to make sure both sites have the same file name for the home page

In Folder List Right Click the correct homepage file and select Set as Home page

"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c3201c4286b$1c4879a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| The icon for my home page IS missing in that view...I never
| noticed it. I'm not sure that the question about my online
| site's requirement for that file name applies since my
| online website is correct, just my HOME computer version of
| the webpage is wrong.
|
| How do I make a correction to restore that icon on my home
| page file?
|
| Thanks!
| Kate

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

OK, when I right click on my home page file in the folder
view I don't have the option to make it my home page. It is
just not one of the options listed.

Also (I know I'm going to sound really stupid, but I am
just trying to learn what I'm doing here) now that I've
published to the web I have no idea how to check the file
names on my web site.

Kate

That option is only available in FP2002 +
What filename page in the Nav view has the home Icon in it
and what is the file name of the page you want to have as a home page

You can contact your host and ask them, or browse to you web in IE
(usually it is index or default .htm or .html)
Provide the URL to your site and we'll tell you

"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e1b01c4288d$30c43000$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| OK, when I right click on my home page file in the folder
| view I don't have the option to make it my home page. It is
| just not one of the options listed.
|
| Also (I know I'm going to sound really stupid, but I am
| just trying to learn what I'm doing here) now that I've
| published to the web I have no idea how to check the file
| names on my web site.
|
| Kate

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

OK, Stephan, I browsed to IE and saw that it was index.htm
which is the same file name as in my FP2002. (I didn't know
there WAS a FP2002+, too bad I didn't have that, it would
make things easier it seems!)

In Nav view there are NO files that have the home Icon in
it. My top file (the one called index.htm) USED to have
that home Icon in it but I don't know what happened to it.

I SO appreciate your help. I'm taking a class on web
design and right now even my instructor is stumped! The
URL for my site is www.htbc.info if that will help in any
way.

Looking forward to hearing from you and fixing this (I
certainly don't want to start the whole thing over again!
AGGHH!)

Kate

--------

Tom Pepper

FP2002+ means FP2002 and above versions (FP 2003) ;-)
Tom Pepper Willett [Microsoft MVP - FrontPage]
-
Microsoft FrontPage:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/de...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/...
> OK, Stephan, I browsed to IE and saw that it was index.htm
> which is the same file name as in my FP2002. (I didn't know
> there WAS a FP2002+, too bad I didn't have that, it would
> make things easier it seems!)
>
> In Nav view there are NO files that have the home Icon in
> it. My top file (the one called index.htm) USED to have
> that home Icon in it but I don't know what happened to it.
>
> I SO appreciate your help. I'm taking a class on web
> design and right now even my instructor is stumped! The
> URL for my site is www.htbc.info if that will help in any
> way.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you and fixing this (I
> certainly don't want to start the whole thing over again!
> AGGHH!)
>
> Kate
>
> --------

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Duh!! *sheepish grin* Then I wonder why my version does
not give me the option to right click on a folder and
select is as my home page! Thanks, Tom for clearing up my
"obvious" ignorance!

Kate

------------------
>-
>Microsoft FrontPage:
> http://www....
com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
> http://msdn....
com/office/understanding/frontpage/
>To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage
support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Still hoping to hear any thoughts on how to re-set my
home page AS a home page to restore my home buttons.

Kate

(-;
>>To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
>> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>>_____________________________________________
>>

>>"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message news:2e1b01c4288d$30c43000$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>>| OK, when I right click on my home page file in the
>folder
>>| view I don't have the option to make it my home page.
It
>is
>>| just not one of the options listed.
>>|
>>| Also (I know I'm going to sound really stupid, but I
am
>>| just trying to learn what I'm doing here) now that
I've
>>| published to the web I have no idea how to check the
>file
>>| names on my web site.
>>|
>>| Kate

Stefan B. Rusynko

In a prior post you said you had FP2002
Open your FP Web, and from the Menu select View > Folder List
In the Folder List (on left) Right click the home page file (index.htm) and select Set as Home Page

"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b2c01c429fb$acfabc60$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| Still hoping to hear any thoughts on how to re-set my
| home page AS a home page to restore my home buttons.
|
| Kate

| >>|
| am
| I've