microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

do pages have to be in navigation

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/21/2004 7:52:00 PM

Does a page have to be in the navigation structure to be
able to view navigation bars? even the custom ones?

Thanks
5 Answers

Jim Buyens

Yes. To be visible in Navigation Bards, a page must be
presen't in Navigation view.

In the case of a CustomLink Bar, howover, you can add as
many buttons to the bar as you like, and FrontPage will
add them to Navigation View automatically.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

ok confused on the CustonLink Bar. I have pages NOT in
Navigation and I added a Custon Navigation (text links)
and they are visible. Well the were then they were not
now they are again. So not sure it they will work
properly. What do you mean 'FrontPage will add them to
the Naviation View auto'

Thanks

news

When you create a Custom Link Bar, FrontPage creates a
corresponding object in Navigation view. However, that
object *isn't* part of the regular Navigation view heirarchy.
It's a separate object off to the side.

This is so you can use the same collection of links on multiple
pages, should you choose to do so.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<27a301c427f0$ede998c0$a001280a@phx.gbl>...
> ok confused on the CustonLink Bar. I have pages NOT in
> Navigation and I added a Custon Navigation (text links)
> and they are visible. Well the were then they were not
> now they are again. So not sure it they will work
> properly. What do you mean 'FrontPage will add them to
> the Naviation View auto'
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

ok so then I can use those custom links on pages that
are 'not in navigaton structure'....correct?

Thanks

news

Right.

The Custom Link Bars will appear as free-standing elements
in Navigation view, but none of the pages involved need
appear in the main, hierarchical, navigation structure.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of: