microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

How to password protect downloads in a site

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/21/2004 2:42:00 PM

I need to add the ability to make downloads available from
my existing website. I'd like the users to click on a link
in the homepage, be prompted with a list of available
downloads, upon their selection of a specific download I'd
like them to be prompted for a logon id and password, and
upon verification have the download start automatically. I
tried following the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article - 825498 but I couldn't get it to work. I'm
confused about the location of the files... first it
says "The example information assumes that you name your
Web site logon, and that you create it as a subweb off the
root of your Web site." Then it says "Save the page(s)...
in the root folder of your Web site." Does that mean the
root folder of the "logon" site or the root folder of the
site that "logon" is a subweb of? Is their a better way to
accomplish my goal as stated above?

1 Answer

Net55

http://www.frontpagewiz.com/IIS/folder_permission...

Try AspRunner if you want a pure asp & datbase solution.

http://www,frontpagewiz.com