xfile

4/21/2004 5:22:00 AM

Hi All:

Thanks for the advise about FrontPage, and I've purchased FP 2003 for my Web
editing tool now.

My ultimate goal is to create a small online shop with other 3rd party
hosting services.

Therefore, I would guess that I need some kind of database, right?

The following are assumed of database usage:

(1) Product information management: Including its name, price, image, and so
on.
(2) User/customer information: Either for simple user/password information
or for more detailed customer information.
(3) Other information for 3rd party services: Deliver information to vendors
or payment/logistics service providers.

So, would you kindly tell me, based on the above usage, do I really need
some kind of database?

If so, what is the "easiest" one to learn and work the best with FP 2003?

I've ruled out Oracle already since I cannot afford it and it's too
complicated.

I am thinking about either MS Access, MySQL, or MS SQL server.

Again, many many thanks in advance.

2 Answers

Net55

I would suggest, since you are new to allow your store to
hosted elswhere, Just Add ECommerce. Store Front has
plugins for venders as do most of the others. You may want
to spend a little to have a proffesional set this up and
train you on its use however.

Net55
net55@frontpagewiz.com
http://www,frontpagewiz.com

xfile

Hi:

Thanks and I agree with you 100%.

What I am doing now is putting together of what are needed (components and
skills) and who are providing what at what costs and then moving to
selecting vendors.

Really appreciate all the helps from here and will come back to consult for
any help.

:-)