microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Themed navigational buttons

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/21/2004 2:24:00 AM

I recently created my own theme in FrontPage 2002 and
applied to all my pages. I learned I needed to create a
_theme folder on my host server to complete the path for
most of my graphics and did the same thing with the
_derived folder but all the file names contain .htm in
which is makes it an invalid file type to be uploaded to
my host. Have tried renaming the *.gif files by
eliminating the .htm portion but the file is recreated
with the .htm portion when I save my pages before
uploading. Any workarounds or suggestions?
Thank you
2 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

If your server does not support the theme / nav bar generated files then you will have to create your own images and links

Note some server only support file names of 32 char
As a guide the _derived folder(s) filenames generated by FP can require up to 19 Extra Characters in addition to the Combined Length
of your "filename.ext" & "theme_name" - so if your server/pc limit is 32 you only have 13 characters TOTAL for both!
- rename your theme (save as) to a short name - say: ttt
- rename all your files to a total of 10 char - say: xxxxxx.htm
- run a tools recalculate hyperlinks

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Another Ernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dff01c42747$c536ca00$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| I recently created my own theme in FrontPage 2002 and
| applied to all my pages. I learned I needed to create a
| _theme folder on my host server to complete the path for
| most of my graphics and did the same thing with the
| _derived folder but all the file names contain .htm in
| which is makes it an invalid file type to be uploaded to
| my host. Have tried renaming the *.gif files by
| eliminating the .htm portion but the file is recreated
| with the .htm portion when I save my pages before
| uploading. Any workarounds or suggestions?
| Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks Stefan. I don't think there is an character
issue. My Host has stated that .htm can't be in the file
name. I guess I'll be creating my own images and links.
Thanks again!

FrontPage ]
;