Fidelio

4/20/2004 8:04:00 PM

re: www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film.htm

The font size appears smaller in Netscape than in IE.
Someone mentioned it may just be a display option, but
I've tried my site, as well as others, on several
different computers, and the font size in Netscape is
always smaller.

In Frontpage, when I set Font Size to say 10pt, there is
a number 1. 2 for 12pt, 3 for 14pt, in the drop down
window. I'm wondering if possibly there is code here
confusing Netscape.

Do you know code that would allow the font to be 10 pt in
IE and Netscape and look the same size? On my website,
the part I'm most concerned with is the right
frame "indexright", and the list of films under reviews.
On Netscape, it's too small to read, but I don't want to
make it 12pt because then on IE it's too big.

Thanks for any suggestions.
1 Answer

Stefan B. Rusynko

You'll find some help in Text rendering for different browsers at
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/41/index3a_page3.html...

PS
font size <font face="Comic Sans MS" style="font-size: 7pt"> won't render reliably in all browsers
and your other inline styles (negative margins) of <p style="text-indent: -7; margin-right: 10; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"
align="left"> will cause you cross browser problems

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...