Julianne Savard, Administrative Assistant

4/20/2004 5:49:00 PM

I am now using FP 2003 for maintaining our website. I've noticed that when I'm working on a page that has a lengthy table in it, that FP is very slow in responding. For example, when I click in a cell it can take a few seconds (when it should be instant) to respond so that I can insert data. It's annoying enough on a "small" table such as this one:
http://www.orion.lib.mi.us/township/parksrec/townshipleagues/coedballstan... to have that happen, but I dread the August and November elections when I need to be able to update the elections results page as those results come in - I work that page "live". Here is what my page looked like for the November 2002 election: http://www.orion.lib.mi.us/township/Elections/elecresults1...

Anyway, all that to ask, does anyone know why this is happening? And can that be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to give.

=================================
Julianne M. Savard
Administrative Assistant to the Supervisor
Webmaster & Email Administrator
Charter Township of Orion
2525 Joslyn Rd.
Lake Orion, MI 48360
P: (248) 391-0304 x101
F: (248) 393-6858
E: jsavard@oriontownship.org
3 Answers

Julianne Savard, Administrative Assistant

I have not tried that - I will do so and post back how it works. Thanks for
the suggestion!

Julie

"Skydolphin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you copy the page down your local machine and try to edit the large
table there, do you get the same result?

> Rhonda

Steve Easton

Because it is a 337 kb file with 5241 lines of code and it just takes time to
load.
337 kb is huge for a web page.

It takes 5 seconds for it to open in FP2003 when loaded straight from my
desktop.

Consider making the individual tables separate include pages, and then just edit
the separate includes.
When done live and saved they will update the main page instantly on the server.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Julianne Savard, Administrative Assistant" <jsavard@oriontownship.org> wrote in
message news:%23n3%23a6vJEHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
[...]

The "fix" of saving the file to my desktop worked for the slow editing, and
will buy me time before elections to learn to do what Steve suggested -
something new to me.

I'm self-taught with FrontPage, as many are (the site was originally set up
and edited with WordPerfect!). These boards have proved very interesting and
helpful.

Thanks to everyone!
Julie :-)