microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Some Hover Button Images Disappear Upon Hovering

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/19/2004 4:34:00 PM

I am using FrontPage 2003 and Windows XP Professional.

I have "Interactive Button" (hover buttons)on a shared
right frame. The buttons were selected from 1 of the MS
themes.

In "Design and "Preview mode" and "Preview in Browser" all
buttons appear and work properly. However, when I go to
the actual published site, all buttons appear - but only
2 buttons remain when I "hover" over them. The remaining
buttons show a red "x" where the images should appear.
The links all work when they are pressed and all images
reappear on the linked page, but again will disappear
upon "hovering" over them- except the 2 I mentioned.

I do not think this is a Java or Javascript problem in XP
since 2 of the buttons work properly.

I am at my wits end in trying to resolve this problem. I
would appreciate any help offered.

Thanks
4 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

The FP2003 Interactive Buttons are not "Hover" buttons
- they are JavaScript driven button images
- Hoover are the deprecated JAVA buttons

On the Interactive Buttons dialog did you select the option on the Images Tab to create the pressed and hover state buttons and
create image preloads?

Provide a URL for the published site w/ the problem

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"nytwodees" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:119001c4262c$2c4a4d60$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| I am using FrontPage 2003 and Windows XP Professional.
|
| I have "Interactive Button" (hover buttons)on a shared
| right frame. The buttons were selected from 1 of the MS
| themes.
|
| In "Design and "Preview mode" and "Preview in Browser" all
| buttons appear and work properly. However, when I go to
| the actual published site, all buttons appear - but only
| 2 buttons remain when I "hover" over them. The remaining
| buttons show a red "x" where the images should appear.
| The links all work when they are pressed and all images
| reappear on the linked page, but again will disappear
| upon "hovering" over them- except the 2 I mentioned.
|
| I do not think this is a Java or Javascript problem in XP
| since 2 of the buttons work properly.
|
| I am at my wits end in trying to resolve this problem. I
| would appreciate any help offered.
|
| Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

FYI: I am having the very same problem with FP 03 and did
with FP 00 and have read many other complaints on the
same issue here on the board. Also looking for solutions.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Hi Stefan:

Thank you for your quick reply. The nomenclature is
not "really" relevant in solving this problem - since I
described the nature of the buttons.

The site URL is:
http://www.chifo...

I DID select the option on the Images Tab to create the
pressed and hover state buttons and create image preloads?

Ronx

You are using the Interactive Buttons in a shared border. IBs in a shared
border will not work with pages in the root folder, this includes the home
page. (see
www.rxs-enterprises.com/fp/b/buttons/ for details of where IBs in shared
borders will work, and where they won't).

Redesign your web site using the Dynamic Web Templates, or copy/paste the
buttons into each page.
--
Ron