microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

form asking for userID and password.

Dan Nolte

4/19/2004 6:08:00 AM

I have a relatively simple form with several fields, The
results are written to an e-mail and to a file in the
_private folder. Rights are pretty open on this portion
of the site. When I test the form I get a popup box
asking to give a username and password even though the
site is set for anonymous access. If I cancel the box I
get a "You are not authorized to view this page" page.

The behavior is similar to knowledge base 291373 except
that we aren't using digest authorization and already
have anonymous access enabled and knowledge base 292647
except that default.htm is in the list of default pages.

One thing I noticed that in the url when the error comes
up is (site url)/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/(original page name)
2 Answers

erwien

Daniel,

This [_vti_bin/shtml.dll/] is what you should see in HTML
with a FrontPage form.

It is always helpful to include a URL for the form page if
possible.

I normally see this when the FrontPage Server Extensions
are not installed or if there is a problem with extensions.

It could also happen if your confirmation URL is in a
_private folder.

Mike Smith,
http://FrontPag...
Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Front page extensions seemed to be fine but to make sure
I have reinstalled thr frontpage server extensions 2002...

The confirmation and failure page are not in the _private
folder.

The form works fine when used from the system console and
works fine if you do give a valid username/password for
the computer or domain, I am suspecting something about
authentication and identification