microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Open a new iteration of IE from a link

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/18/2004 4:37:00 PM

I like providing links to resources from my site, but
don't really want them LEAVING my site to look at them.

How can I tell a link in FP2000: "Open another separate
copy of IE (or Netscape or whatever) for this link, but
keep them on this page in THIS window?

Thanks!
3 Answers

Tom Pepper

In the hyperlink properties, click on "new window"
Tom Pepper Willett [Microsoft MVP - FrontPage]
-------------------
Microsoft FrontPage:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/de...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/...
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
"Milo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I like providing links to resources from my site, but
| don't really want them LEAVING my site to look at them.
|
| How can I tell a link in FP2000: "Open another separate
| copy of IE (or Netscape or whatever) for this link, but
| keep them on this page in THIS window?
|
| Thanks!

+FarmerPickles

Highlite the txt or pic you want to place the link on...right click and
select hyperlink... then click on target frame... then select "New Window"
That should do the trick for you.
FP

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.org> wrote in message
> In the hyperlink properties, click on "new window"
> Tom Pepper Willett [Microsoft MVP - FrontPage]
> -------------------
> Microsoft FrontPage:
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/de...
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/...
> To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
> "Milo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | I like providing links to resources from my site, but
> | don't really want them LEAVING my site to look at them.
> |
> | How can I tell a link in FP2000: "Open another separate
> | copy of IE (or Netscape or whatever) for this link, but
> | keep them on this page in THIS window?
> |
> | Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Yes indeed! not the most intuitive label "target frame"
and an icon of a pencil, but I found it and it works
great. Thanks!

>--
>> Microsoft FrontPage:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodin....