microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Can I use two databases in one SELECT statement?

Augie Dawg

4/17/2004 7:49:00 PM

I need to construct a SELECT statement in which a value found in one
database is used as part of the WHERE clause test to pull out values from
another database. Is there any way to do this within the FP 2002
environment, or am I resigned to writing ASP to get this done?

Thanks,
A.D.

2 Answers

Kevin Spencer

It all depends on what database product you're using. SQL Server and Oracle,
for example, will allow you to create cross-database queries.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Augie Dawg" <NO_SPAMaugiedawg@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I need to construct a SELECT statement in which a value found in one
> database is used as part of the WHERE clause test to pull out values from
> another database. Is there any way to do this within the FP 2002
> environment, or am I resigned to writing ASP to get this done?
>
> Thanks,
> A.D.

Augie Dawg

I'm using MS Access (Jet SQL) though the DRW of FP 2002.

A.D.