microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

System exception: access violation

Randy McElwee

4/17/2004 1:36:00 PM

I have been maintaining a webstire on a remote server for several years using a Windows 98 computer and FrontPage 2002 Upgrade. Recently, I updated my computer to Windows XP. Now, when I try to open a file FrontPage tomodify it, I get a "System exception: access violation" error. When I click the OK button, it locks up the program and I have to Cntrl-Alt-Delete to get out
I am set up as the administrator on the user options, so I should have rights to all folders. Does anyone know if this is a problem with FrontPage or an XP machine, or both? The program still works fine on the Windows 98 machine. Any help to rectify this would be appreciated
Thank you
Randy