microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Frontpage and multi-table Access input forms

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/16/2004 9:16:00 PM

I would like to use Frontpage/Access to allow users to input information into the database.

I have a form with 3 subforms in Access - therefore, there are multiple related tables involved with the input - all liked by a common ID number field as the records are being input. (Table 1 records a family's name/address/etc. Table 2 will record all children and info related to each specific child. Table 3 may have more info on a family member....)

I'd like to have web visitors input on a single page - I can't see how to accomplish this since The data access pages only seem to allow a single table or query as a source (ie no subforms...).

Is there a way to solve this need? If not with a single form, then how can I do this with multi forms on separate pages?

Thanks for any help!
1 Answer

+FarmerPickles

i am not the expert, but i am thinking you will need to use ASP coding here,
and not the wizards provided with FP