C++ calling C#.Net 1.1 to display a modeless dialog

herc

7/25/2007 9:16:00 PM

You ever have one of those moments where you where too smart for your
own good? I think I have had one of those and am looking for a way to
make it all better...

To make very long story short: I have written a VERY custom COM
object that is calling CorBindToRuntimeEx() to load up .Net 1.1. When
the client creates the Class Factory, the COM object returns a special
one that creates an object in the CLR that implements the given
interface.

When I was making basic calls, all worked wonderfully. The problem I
am having now is that I need the .Net object to display a modeless
dialog. I am thinking that I need to configure the AppDomain in some
special way or something. I don't think it is a COM issue because the
special COM object is set to be Apartment threading.

Any suggestions?

Cartoper