=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/16/2004 7:16:00 PM

Hi any webhosting stand out for Frontpage 2003 users?
Something cheap or free. Need a domain.com name and not
sure how much space or bandwhith I need?

(It will start out as a hobby site but turn into a small
business site with a discussion forum).

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
6 Answers

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Try Mecca Hosting (meccahosting.us), which offers
excellent, inexpensive Frontpage hosting. My hosting
account with them for one-year was $23.95 ($2.00 per
month).

Also, try Godaddy.com for buying and managing your urls --
$6.95 per year for each url.

Dangerous Dan

As far as Domain registrations, you can't go wrong with godaddy.com.
Cheapest I've seen.
They have a nice account manager which makes it nice to handle the 7 domain
names I have.

AddAction.Net is who I use for hosting. They offer 6 months free hosting
and a generous amount of disk space. Don't really know if their the best,
but I've had good luck with them.

Good luck

"Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi any webhosting stand out for Frontpage 2003 users?
> Something cheap or free. Need a domain.com name and not
> sure how much space or bandwhith I need?
>
> (It will start out as a hobby site but turn into a small
> business site with a discussion forum).
>
> Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you in advance.

Robert B.

Look for a site that offers FP extensions. Problem with free and cheap is
most do not have the FP extensions. If your using FP get ready for problems
without the extensions on the server.
Jerry

"Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi any webhosting stand out for Frontpage 2003 users?
> Something cheap or free. Need a domain.com name and not
> sure how much space or bandwhith I need?
>
> (It will start out as a hobby site but turn into a small
> business site with a discussion forum).
>
> Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you in advance.

Shannon

I've been looking around myself and I found that Yahoo
(the Geocities folks) have some good deals...

http://geocities...

I haven't actually tried it out, but from what I
understand, you get your domain name and a lot of space
depending on the plan you're on.

I searched the site to make sure that you would be able to
use Frontpage, and it said that you can use 2002 but any
other versions may not work correctly. I think it's worth
checking into, tho.

SE

Danny Hoskins

www.shieldhost.com

Frontpage packages starting at $1.99 a month. Check site for full
details...if you sign up let them know Meridian12 sent you.

Thanks

--
Danny-

www.Meridian12.com
"Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi any webhosting stand out for Frontpage 2003 users?
> Something cheap or free. Need a domain.com name and not
> sure how much space or bandwhith I need?
>
> (It will start out as a hobby site but turn into a small
> business site with a discussion forum).
>
> Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you in advance.

---

felixcct

"RedFaction" wrote:
> www.shieldhost.com

I second that. There's lots of cheap deals around, but Shieldhost is
one of the cheapest and they work fine for me. The site response is
fast, and I haven't had any uptime problems so far. A few glitches and
puzzling questions when I first started, but their email tech support
is good: helpful responses within 12 hours, as advertised.

I also use iPowerWeb, and I find their user interface friendlier than
Shieldhost, which seems rely on unmodified freeware for all functions.
But they both get the job done, and iPowerWeb's tech support hasn't
been as responsive.