microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Opening a Customized New Window in FrontPage 2002

Juho Manka

4/16/2004 5:36:00 PM

I want to open a customized new window. I'm using the following javascript code

This does open a new customized window, but the old (parent) page changes as well and loads a blank page that say
[object] on it

How can I open a customized new window without changing the page in the current window? The [object] page seems to be some sort of error

....And no I can't use spawn because I'm using a computer on which I don't have the rights to install any new programs.
2 Answers

Jim Buyens

Add a void(0) call to the end of your javascript
expression, as in:

'height=300, width=550, directories=no, location=no,
menubar=no, resizable=no, status=no, toolbar=no');
void(0);">Pop goes the window!</a>

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

null, 'height=300, width=550, directories=no, location=no,
menubar=no, resizable=no, status=no, toolbar=no');">Pop
goes the window!</a>

>This does open a new customized window, but the old
(parent) page changes as well and loads a blank page that
says
>[object] on it.
>
>How can I open a customized new window without changing
the page in the current window? The [object] page seems to
be some sort of error.

>....And no I can't use spawn because I'm using a computer
on which I don't have the rights to install any new
programs.
>.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thank you