John Weidenfeller

4/16/2004 3:50:00 AM

So looking at the unlinked files in my web page I find the following files.

htimage.exe
imagemap.exe
animate.js
Shdocvw.weid

Are these really not being used or what are they being used for.

Also I removed a folder sturctures that began with an underscore "_"

Such as _Private

it didn't seem to cause an issue... did I screw up??

Thanks
John

1 Answer

Steve Easton

Those are all files and folders FrontPage needs to function on your hard
drive.
The _Private folder is where form results and hit counter files are saved.

You need to put it back.

As a general rule, if it's a file or folder that you didn't create or
import, leave it alone.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage