c#) ProgId vs AssemblyTitle in VB6

jmzl666

7/12/2007 11:58:00 PM

Hi all, I'm making a component which will be called from .net and from
VB6, the problem that I'm facing is that in VB6 I cannot reference the
component using the ProgId, just the AssemblyTitle, Here some sample
code:
//in AssemblyInfo
[assembly: AssemblyTitle("Cnbv.Sait.Encripta.3011")]
[assembly: AssemblyDescription("CNBV Componente para cifrar y
descifrar para SEI.")]
[assembly: AssemblyConfiguration("")]
[assembly: AssemblyCompany("C.N.B.V.")]
[assembly: AssemblyProduct("Cnbv.Sait.Encripta.3011")]
[assembly: AssemblyCopyright("C.N.B.V.")]
[assembly: AssemblyTrademark("C.N.B.V.")]
[assembly: AssemblyCulture("")]

//in class
[Guid("someguid")]
[ProgId("CNBV_SAITENC_3011.AlgorithmSymmetric")]
[ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.None)]
[ComVisible(true)]
public sealed class
AlgorithmSymmetric:IAlgorithmSymmetric,IDisposable{
/// code
}

// in interface
[Guid("someguid")]
[InterfaceType(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIDispatch)]
[ComVisible(true)]
public interface IAlgorithmSymmetric{
/// code
}

and in VB6 instead of using this

Dim x As CNBV_SAITENC_3011.AlgorithmSymmetric

I have to do this
Dim x As Cnbv_Sait_Encripta_3011.AlgorithmSymmetric

what is the problem with my code, or is something else that I'm
missing, thanks for your time.

Juan Zamudio