microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Creating Mailto Links from Access Data

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/16/2004 12:41:00 AM

I have a form that collects user data and dumps data into MS Access. When I retrieve the email field, I would like for it to be displayed as a Mailto link. I have tried everything I can think of. No matter what I try, the email address just appears as plain text.

Mike
2 Answers

+FarmerPickles

what you can do is, while in FP with the page that diaplays the Table from
the DB open......right click on the email field of the database... and click
hyperlink. then on the left, click email on the bottom. then you will click
parameters. in the first blank... type in mailto: and then click insert
field value, and choose the field that contains your email addresses. this
will make it a clickable hyperlink and open their email program with that
address. you can also include a subject line in there as well.
Hope this helps.
Bam

"Mike Sparkman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a form that collects user data and dumps data into MS Access. When
I retrieve the email field, I would like for it to be displayed as a Mailto
link. I have tried everything I can think of. No matter what I try, the
email address just appears as plain text.

> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks. Thats just what I was looking for.