microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Line Feed characters - Unix vs Dos format

Shaun O`Reilly

What is the possibility to choose the line-feed character
for html pages.
I do not want character code 10(LF) as well character code
13(CR) after each line.
It makes the web page look terrible on a unix editor when
debugging the page on site, because it displays Ctrl+M
characters all over the page.

Do we have an option to save the file in a Unix format,
and not in Dos format?
I have the MDSN Universal subscribtion and use Frontpage
2003 for all my static web page development.
If I cannot get this feature, I will ahve to get another
package that will allow me to save my html files in Unix
format.
I think there is a very aesy fix for this.

Kind Regards,
Shaun O`Reilly
2 Answers

Stefan B. Rusynko

If you are working in windows environment locally,
- TBMK - No
If you are not using the FP SE and FTP'ing to the server,
believe there are FTP programs that do the conversion on upload

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Shaun O`Reilly" <tester1.takethisout@maxnet.co.nz> wrote in message news:1d37901c42332$6dd6d7f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| Hi,
|
| What is the possibility to choose the line-feed character
| for html pages.
| I do not want character code 10(LF) as well character code
| 13(CR) after each line.
| It makes the web page look terrible on a unix editor when
| debugging the page on site, because it displays Ctrl+M
| characters all over the page.
|
| Do we have an option to save the file in a Unix format,
| and not in Dos format?
| I have the MDSN Universal subscribtion and use Frontpage
| 2003 for all my static web page development.
| If I cannot get this feature, I will ahve to get another
| package that will allow me to save my html files in Unix
| format.
| I think there is a very aesy fix for this.
|
| Kind Regards,
| Shaun O`Reilly

Stefan B. Rusynko

PS
Html-Kit, or one of it's pluggins, has that feature if you want to use it as a pre FTP cleaner, or FTP
http://www.chami.com...

"Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23RZXKd5IEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| If you are working in windows environment locally,
| - TBMK - No
| If you are not using the FP SE and FTP'ing to the server,
| believe there are FTP programs that do the conversion on upload
|
| --

| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
|

| "Shaun O`Reilly" <tester1.takethisout@maxnet.co.nz> wrote in message news:1d37901c42332$6dd6d7f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| | Hi,
| |