Run console app that runs Excel from ASP.NET

Alexander Kolev

I've implemented a simple console application that runs Excel, attaches a
macro and then saves the excel file with the applied macro file.

This console application is started/spawned from ASP.NET Web application.

Running Excel is implemented in a single method.

It takes 30 seconds to run the console application with a small xsl file
(20 KB) and very simple marco.

I added trace before calling the method and in the first line inside the
method. Then I saw that this delta is 30 seconds.

void Main()
{
Trace.WriteLine( "Before Run marco");

RunMacro();
}

void RunMacro()
{
Trace.WriteLine( "In Run marco");

// code to run that construct Excel and runs the macro file
}

It seems that it takes a lot of time to the CLR to build/create/JIT compile
the
Runtime Callable warpper or something like that?

Hoe can I reduce this time. The performance is very very slow.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.