microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Interface Wizard - how to change the form confirmation page

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/15/2004 3:30:00 PM

I am using FP2003 with access db (will move to sql).

This page is driven by 5 lines of code in the
submission_form.asp page. In the red "special -do not
touch" text.

Is there anyway to:
A)remove this feature/ page
b)modify it's look (font-link etc.)
c)have it submit to a brand new page?

I have been all over TechNet and purchased 2 books on
FP2003. Any info or direction on who has the up to date
info/ how 2's on using the DB Wizard - would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.
-Jane
2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Jane,

I'm not sure I follow you here. First the submission_form.asp contains a lot more than 5 lines of code.

A> Do you want to delete this page? If so, then there will be no way to add data to the database.

b> Once the page is created you can change the design of it however you like provide you keep the form elements and there names the
same.

c> It being the submit page itself?

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"JaneD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d54c01c422fe$9491fed0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I am using FP2003 with access db (will move to sql).
>
> This page is driven by 5 lines of code in the
> submission_form.asp page. In the red "special -do not
> touch" text.
>
> Is there anyway to:
> A)remove this feature/ page
> b)modify it's look (font-link etc.)
> c)have it submit to a brand new page?
>
> I have been all over TechNet and purchased 2 books on
> FP2003. Any info or direction on who has the up to date
> info/ how 2's on using the DB Wizard - would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> -Jane

Jim Buyens

I believe it's an option when you run the Database
Interface Wizard.

>b)modify it's look (font-link etc.)

You can use CSS, Themes, and ordinary formatting commands
in all the usual ways.

>c)have it submit to a brand new page?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but you can create
your own custom confirmation apge if you want.

>I have been all over TechNet and purchased 2 books on
>FP2003. Any info or direction on who has the up to date
>info/ how 2's on using the DB Wizard - would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>-Jane

The Databae Interface Wizard is intended to create a set
of Web pages that an Administrator can use to view and
update all the fields in a database. As such, except for
cosmetics, it's pretty much a take-it-or-leave-it
proposition.

If you want a really "nice" interface, good security, and
full control over what Web visitors can do, you should
consider learning to program in ASP or ASP.NET.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of: