microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Install Frontpage on Server

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/15/2004 2:01:00 PM

This is just a general question. I am suppose to update
my employer's web page. The only computer I have
available to me is the server. Would it be OK to load
Frontpage on the server & work from there? I am use to
not using the server for daily activities in my previous
employment but the new employer doesn't want to purchase a
PC for me at this time. Thanks for your help in advance!!

R.Fritz
3 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Sure that will work just fine.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"R.Fritz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d47701c422f2$20260890$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> This is just a general question. I am suppose to update
> my employer's web page. The only computer I have
> available to me is the server. Would it be OK to load
> Frontpage on the server & work from there? I am use to
> not using the server for daily activities in my previous
> employment but the new employer doesn't want to purchase a
> PC for me at this time. Thanks for your help in advance!!
>
> R.Fritz

Jim Buyens

This isn't good practice, but it oughta work.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of:

Stefan B. Rusynko

If you have to do that, recommend publishing your root web to a subweb, working there, and publishing changes back to the root web
when done
- gives you some "insurance"

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...